Dr. John J. McGrath
The mission of ACA is to acquire underperforming proprietary colleges and then restructure the academic, administrative and financial operations to create financially healthy institutions of higher education.
- Dr. McGrath’s experience includes successfully working with investment bankers, private equity firms and other institutional and strategic investors.
- John’s business acumen, combined with his extensive higher education leadership experience, has provided investors with an attractive return on their investments.
- He co-founded and ran a higher education company that went public on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange.
- Dr. McGrath has collectively raised over $120 million from public and private investors.
- He is very experienced with financial modeling and proper resource allocation with financial controls.
- Dr. McGrath has been the Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer, President, Assistant Vice President, Campus Dean, Department Chair and Professor at multiple colleges and universities.
- John opened and supervised more fully accredited college Extension Centers than any other college administrator in New York State.
- As a successful entrepreneur, he also has initiated new fully accredited degree programs.
- Dr. McGrath secured final Middle States regional accreditation for a college in New York City and raised enrollment for it to become the second largest two-year proprietary institution in New York.
Read more about Dr. John McGrath on Wikipedia.
Dr. McGrath not only brings the intelligence of a critical thinker but the zeal and enthusiasm of a consummate educator and business thinker to his work. He is an academic with real business acuity. There are not many individuals who can perform a penetrating analysis of a Supreme Court decision at a faculty symposium in the morning and then run off to a Board of Directors meeting to present an in-depth financial analysis of its balance sheet and income statement and then conclude with a legal analysis of college regulatory compliance that same afternoon.Philip M. Getter
Dr. John J. McGrath is an academic entrepreneur with ingenious business acuity. He is widely recognized as a creative business executive positively changing the landscape of higher education.Dr. Jay Sexter